AN APAS FORCE PLATFORM FILECREATING
Kistler Model #9286AA
- Set the desired channels on Plot lists 1 through 3 by clicking in the desired column.
Click in the 1st column for Channel C1 (Z direction force)
Click in the 2nd column for Channels A1 and B1 (X and Y direction Forces)
Click in the 3rd column for Channels D1, E1 and F1 (X, Y, Z Moments)
- Select SAMPLE, START (or the "GO" icon in the toolbar) to
display the Prepare For Sampling menu.
- Make certain that there is no weight applied to the force platform and select the ZERO
This will automatically update the Offset entry in the Channel Information Table.
- You are now ready to sample the analog data. Sampling is initiated by selecting the OK
This will automatically update the Units/Volt entry in the Channel Information Table.
5. Select OK to Calculate Plate Conversion Factors.
Z Setting: 2500 Nt*
X/Y Setting: 250 Nt*
- Select the INFO tab and enter the following:
Length Units: Inch*
Force Units: Lbs*
1st Plate Channel: A1*
- Select the PLATE#1 tab and enter the force plate
dimensions. NOTE: These dimensions are found in the Technical Data section of the
Kistler force plate manual and MUST be entered in the length units selected above!
Transducer Separations: x: 35cm/13.78in y: 55cm/21.65in
Transducer Depth z: 2.2cm / 0.866in
Width: 40cm/15.75 inches
Length: 60cm/23.62 inches
- Select the CAL#1 tab
and enter the following calibration matrix information. NOTE: The calibration
information is obtained from the force platform Calibration Certificate (highlighted
inside the red box below).
- Select the ELECTRONICS tab and select the desired setting:
4. Select OPTIONS, PLATES, KISTLER to activate the software
drivers for the KISTLER force platform.
: The Description and Units are labels and are not used for any
calculations. The Unit/Volt and Offset fields can be left blank at this time, as these
values will be automatically calculated in later steps.
: Signal level in volts corresponding to zero in the units of that
Unit/Volt: Conversion factor used to calculate analog signals.
Units: Units to be displayed on analog data outputs.
Description: Channel description or name.
3. Select OPTIONS, CHANNELS to specify the Channel Information for the
active analog channels.
Pre-Trigger Percent (PreTrig%): 10%*
Trigger Level (TrigLev): 25 lbs*
Sample Rate (Rate/Ch): 1000 samples/second/channel*
Period: 5 seconds*
Trigger Channel (TrigCh): E1 (Trigger from the Z force)*
Last Channel (LastCh): H1 (8 channels total)
2. Use the Parameter Bar to set the following parameters:
1. From the main APAS Analog menu, select FILE, NEW to create a new *.ANA
file. Select the Drive and Directory where the file will be located. Then enter the file
name and select the OPEN button to proceed. (NOTE: In this example, the file
has been named KIST9286.ana).
NOTE: Entries marked with an asterisk (*) indicate that these numbers may vary
depending on the particular user application.
This example illustrates the procedure for creating an analog file for a single Kistler
force platform (Model #9286AA) in English units (Length = Inches, Force = Pounds).