Ariel Dynamics, Inc.,
4885 Ronson Court, Suite A
San Diego, CA 92111
(858) 874-2547 Tel / (858) 874-2549 Fax
APAS SOFTWARE UPGRADE INFORMATION
Recommended steps for upgrading the APAS software are listed below
and will not affect your license. NOTE: Failure to follow
the proper steps may invalidate the APAS software license and result
in additional costs for a new license.
Upgrades are constantly being made to the APAS software. These
upgrades are posted to the internet on a regular basis. Upgrades can
be performed at any time, however, if the currently posted software
revision is less than one full revision from your currently installed
version, then it is probably not worth the time to upgrade. If the
posted software is greater than one revision from your current
version, the upgrade might be worth the time. For example, if your
current APAS software is Revision 1.0 and APAS Revision 1.5 is posted
on the internet, the upgrade only has minimal changes. If your current
APAS software is Revision 1.0 and APAS Revision 2.1 is posted on the
internet, then the upgrade will include one or more significant
Thank you for purchasing the Ariel Performance Analysis System
(APAS). As an added value to our customers, Ariel Dynamics, Inc.
provides FREE software upgrades as long as the purchased hardware
supports the upgrade software. For example, a customer that purchased
the analog video frame grabbing APAS could not upgrade to the Digital
Video frame grabbing APAS without purchasing the new components.
Dear Ariel Customer:
DOWNLOAD APAS UPGRADE SOFTWARE
1. As with all upgrades, it is recommended to make a backup of
your current software prior to beginning the upgrade process.
2. Download the APAS software from the Ariel internet site (
and save the compressed file(s) to a temporary directory.
REMOVE EXISTING APAS SOFTWARE
1. Select Start, Settings, Control Panel
and the Add/Remove Programs icon.
2. Select APAS System from the list of displayed
3. Select the Add/Remove button.
4. Select the Yes button to "Completely remove the
APAS System and all of its components."
5. Select No To All when prompted to remove shared
6. Select the OK button to complete the uninstall
7. Close the Control Panel window.
INSTALL APAS UPGRADE SOFTWARE
1. Extract the downloaded compressed file(s) to a temporary
directory. It is a good idea to keep a copy of this file for
2. As with any installation, it is recommended to close all
windows programs prior to APAS installation.
3. Run the SETUP.EXE file from the temporary directory
to begin the installation process.
4. Select the NEXT button at the Welcome window.
5. Select the YES button to accept the Software License
6. Enter the Name, Company and Serial number (Not Required) and
select the NEXT button.
7. Choose the Destination Location and select the NEXT
button. NOTE: It is recommended to install the APAS software in
the default directory. When upgrading, the APAS software MUST be installed in the
same directory as when the original license was issued.
8. Select the Program Folder and the NEXT button. (It is
recommended to accept the default folder.)
9. Select the OK button to proceed with installation of the
10. Select the FINISH button to complete the
Registration is not required since the original software license
will remain valid for upgrades.