alternative to operating the APASlight software from a desktop computer is to use a
portable Zip drive. When you purchase the APASlight software on a Zip Diskette the
software must be registered before the APAS diskette can be used. The registration is very
simple and requires only a few steps. The Following instructions assume that the Iomega
Zip drive software is already installed.
- Selecting any of the APAS modules will display a small window on the screen and no
software module part of the APAS system can be used.
- Select the FINISH button from the SETUP COMPLETE menu to complete the
installation. You will be presented with the APAS System folder.
- The INSTALL menu will display the selected Setup Options. Select the OK button to
install the APAS programs.
- Specify the Program Folder as APAS SYSTEM and select the NEXT button from the
SELECT PROGRAM FOLDER menu to proceed.
- When the Destination Folder has been specified, select the NEXT button to
- Select the BROWSE button from the CHOOSE DESTINATION LOCATION menu and select the
drive letter for the Zip Drive. The recommended path is X:\PROGRAM
FILES\ARIELDYNAMICS\APAS\ (where X is the Zip Drive letter).
- Enter the desired Name and Company in the USER INFORMATION screen. The Serial number
field is optional and is not required for the installation. Select the NEXT button
- Select the YES button from the SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT.
- Select the NEXT button from the WELCOME SCREEN.
- The Windows version of the APAS software is located in a folder named APAS_WIN on the
Zip diskette. Run the SETUP.EXE file from this folder.
- Copy the Site Code and include it in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with arrangement for payment of the software product.
- In the small window click the Display Site Code button and accept the License Agreement.
- Enter the Site Key in the textbox below the Site Code.
- After full payment has been received for the software, a Site Key will be sent to you by
- Run the APAS system software module.
- Select the Validate button to register the software. One Site Key will activate all the
The following is a list of commands available in the License Configuration dialog box.
- Close program is used to close the program without running.
Once the program is licensed, you can bring up the License Configuration dialog box when
the program starts by pressing Enter when the license status box appears on the screen.
See Moving a license for
information.The license for the APAS system is specific to the computer and Zip diskette
it is installed in. If you move the APAS system, between two or more computers, you also
need to move the license.
About your license
Resume program execution is used to continue running the program. It is available only
if the program is licensed or has not passed the days of trial period.
Transfer to directory is
used to transfer a license to another copy of this program on the same computer.
Transfer out of computer is used
to transfer a license from this computer to a copy of this program on another computer.
Transfer into computer is used to
transfer a license to this program from a copy of this program on another computer.
A copy of this program must first exist in the destination directory. If one does not
already exist, copy the files before performing a Direct Transfer.
Transfer to directory is used to transfer a license to another copy of this
program on the same computer.
Transfer to directory is used to transfer a
license to another copy of this program on the same computer.
A copy of the Ariel programs must first exist on the destination computer. If one does not
already exist, repeat steps 1 through 10 listed above to install the APAS software prior
to performing a Transfer Out.
- Select Transfer to Directory from the License menu.
- Enter the destination directory for the license where prompted or press Browse to
display a list of directories.
- Press OK. The license will be moved from the source copy of the program to the
Transfer Out is used to transfer a license to a copy of this program on
Transfer out of computer is used to transfer a
license for the Zip Drive from one computer to a copy of the Ariel program on another
Transfer In is used to transfer a license from a copy of this program on
- Bring the disk to this computer and select Transfer out of Computer from the Transfer
- On the remote computer, first perform a Transfer into computer
- Enter the directory on the floppy disk that you used to hold the transfer information
and press OK. The program will now be authorized.
Transfer into computer is used to transfer a
license to this program from a copy of this program on another computer.
- Select Transfer into Computer from the License menu.
- Enter a directory on a floppy disk that will be used to hold the temporary transfer
- Press OK. The transfer information will be written to the floppy disk.
- Take the disk to the licensed computer select Transfer out of computer.
- Bring the disk back to this computer and press "Continue Transfer.
" This program will now be authorized.
Delaying a transfer
If there is a significant time delay between the time when the Transfer out of computer is
started and the time it can be completed, you can push "Continue Transfer
Later". When you are ready to continue, select Transfer into computer again from the
Transfer menu and follow the instructions on the screen.
APAS system registration FAQ:
I want to upgrade my computer to win98, does it affect my APAS system license ?
No! Just install the Win98 on top of your Win95.
I want to change my computer from FAT16 to a FAT32, does it affect the APAS
system license ?
Yes! You need to move the license registration to a floppy and make the switch
from FAT16 to FAT32. After the switch from FAT16 to FAT32 is complete re-install the APAS
system license to your computer.
Is the APAS system
Affected by Disk Defragmentation, Compression or Backup Utilities?
No, the APAS system is generally immune to
these sorts of programs. However, in the case of SpeedDisk, steps must sometimes be taken
in order to ensure that the APAS system licensing files (hidden system files) remain
unaffected. Move the License out of the computer and after the speeddisk utility reinstall